By Taryn Hefner
Taryn runs Marketing at Join It and is a lover of all things data! You can frequently find her experimenting in the kitchen, absorbed in a book, or brushing up on her Python coding skills.
View other posts by Taryn
Ever wondered if you’re reading the most popular posts on our blog? No need to wonder anymore. Each year, we like to take a look at which posts performed really well so we can give you more of the content you’re interested in! This year, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 posts so you can revisit some old favorites.
- How to Welcome New Members to Your Group (With a Free Email Template): We love this one, and it’s been a constant favorite throughout the year! In this guide, you’ll find tips on how to welcome new members, how to write the perfect email, and other ways to make new members feel at home in your organization.
- 9 Tips to Help You Plan a Successful Membership Drive: In 2020, we made some updates to this post to accommodate the new normal of membership drives and events in the time of COVID-19. Read up on topics like new member recruitment, your member experience, and budgeting for events.
- How to Create a Membership Database in Excel: Keeping track of your members’ information can get out of hand quite quickly, and Excel, Google Sheets, or another spreadsheet software is a good starting point. For folks who aren’t quite ready to spring for a full membership management platform like Join It, Excel is a good choice! We detailed some ways to organize information in this post.
- Can A 501(c)(3) Organization Have Members?: We answered a really common question when it comes to charity organizations! Learn more about what 501(c)(3) organizations can and can’t do in this post!
- How To Start Your Own Sports Club: Our blog readers were especially interested in sports this year and clicked on this post about starting a sports club! We talked about budgets, establishing a plan for churn, and writing a code of conduct so everyone is on the same page.
- The Appropriate Cadence For Member Communication: Readers always want to know how often they should be talking to the members of their organizations. In this post, we got into the nitty-gritty about member communication, delivery, frequency, and keeping up morale!
- What is a Gaming Lounge?: Wondering what a gaming lounge is? You were in good company this year, as our readers had the same question. But! Wonder no more! This post explains gaming lounges, as well as event ideas and benefits of these arcade-like establishments.
- How Membership Cards Can Increase Loyalty and Engagement: We’ve added to our offerings this year, and one of those offerings is digital membership cards! We’ve offered them for a while on our premium packages, but this year, we were able to add QR codes to them! Now, your members can check into events and access their benefits even faster.
- How To Track Membership Dues: We’re all about options here at Join It, so this post covers all the different ways you can track your membership dues. There’s the honor system, the spreadsheet system, and-- of course-- the Join It system!
- Nonprofit Conferences in 2021 You Should Attend: Rounding out our top 10 most popular blog posts this year is this roundup of all the conferences you should try and attend next year! It’s constantly growing, so bookmark it and come back to it when you’re looking for a little professional growth.
What would you like to read about in 2022? Let us know!